On this date in both 2020, as well as 2021, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” first profiled Lauren Boebert, who we began discussing just after she won the GOP Primary for the seat for U.S. House Representatives from Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District after upsetting Congressman Scott Tipton.
Boebert, prior to her first Congressional run gained notoriety as the owner of Shooter’s Grill, which amounts to being a Hooters if the women wear a lot more denim and a gun holstered at their hip. Let’s look past this novel concept to realize that Boebert’s libertarian/conservative point of view (she’s opposed to any form of income tax increase, on any bracket, but supports Donald Trump’s stupid idea for a border wall along the U.S./Mexico border) applies to how she’d like to run her restaurant, as Shooter’s Grill already had warnings from the health department for allowing its customers to get sick eating there (she attacked the local media for reporting on it, incidentally, and she even managed to have a food-poisoning outbreak after hosting a fundraiser at the place featuring some apparently infectious, bloody-diarrhea causing pork sliders) and then going “next level” and refusing to obey orders to close her dining area during the Covid-19 pandemic, until she was forced to shut down by local authorities, who suspended her food license.
Of course, she paints a picture in this where she’s the heroine standing up for “freedom” when she seems to just use it to see that as many people are afflicted with disease as possible. If you’re already noticing a pattern of “weird” around Boebert, what with the gun-themed restaurant that makes everyone sick, hang on to your hats…
And Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District, what with a +6 Republican lean in the Cook Partisan Index in 2020, managed to overlook that Lauren Boebert was bats*** crazy and elected her with 51% of the vote.
She wasted no time in becoming one of the most notorious seditionists in the GQP. Prior to the attack on the Capitol, and prior to being sworn into office, Lauren Boebert was getting posts flagged on social media for perpetrating “The Big Lie” that somehow, against all reason, the 2020 election was “stolen” from Donald Trump, with posts like this:
”Objecting to the counting of certain electoral votes is NOT “overthrowing” the results of the election if those votes were won through fraud. Winning an election through fraud is what I would consider “overthrowing” the results. That is exactly why we’re fighting for POTUS!”
If she’s not willfully malicious in her actions that day, she’s one of the the dumbest mother***ers to be elected in awhile. Frankly, we’re pretty sure it’s both.
Lauren Boebert has done things that are suspicious and seem like she was providing support and comfort to the domestic terrorists who tried to storm the Capitol to attempt overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election that are mostly ceremonial and execute Vice President Mike Pence. Do you know what would have been smart to not do? To not be seen in public with one of the people who admits they were one of the insurrectionists that day. On June 29th, 2021, Boebert was one of seven members of Congress who took a trip to the U.S./Mexico border to pretend there’s a massive migrant invasion underway at all hours and decided to hang out on that trip with Anthony Aguero, who we’ve profiled before as an ex-felon, domestic abuser, and Qanon conspiracy theorist who unsuccessfully ran for Congress in 2020, and oh yeah, that mother***er was one of the seditious ***holes an the Capitol grounds on 1/6 who is somehow still roaming free to buddy up with the Congresswoman who allegedly was offering logistical support to his cause. If you think this is an “alleged” meetup, like Boebert would likely try and claim, here’s a story about it that goddamn selfie that Boebert and Aguero took together.
We’re going to just pull back here to look at a timeline of her voting record, dedicated to this Republican insurgency, and the slew of times she’s already made an ass of herself publicly in her first term in office. Saddle up, this is gonna be a ride:
- January 4th, 2021: Boebert boasts about walking around Washington D.C. carrying a Glock, which is against the law in the city.
- January 6th, 2021: Lauren Boebert votes for the objection to the electoral college’s votes in the 2020 election, a failure to send any sort of message that she wasn’t intimidated or sympathetic to those who attacked the Capitol to attempt a violent coup.
- January 13th, 2021: Rep. Boebert votes against the second impeachment of Donald Trump for attempting a violent coup.
- February 4th, 2021: Lauren Boebert votes to keep Marjorie Taylor Greene’s committee assignments, because he wouldn’t want her to be accountable for all the bigoted remarks and conspiracy theories she’s spread online (probably because she’s a kindred spirit).
- February 10th, 2021: Boebert is only one month into her Congressional career when she’s hit with her first ethics complaint for lying about how much gas she used while driving around to campaign in 2020. The working theory was she reported the claim to be able to finance her restaurant a little longer.
- February 18th, 2021: Rep. Boebert appears in a virtual Congressional hearing with a backdrop behind her featuring two assault rifles displayed prominently, making many commentators compare the visual to what is usually seen in terrorist manifesto videos.
- February 19th, 2021: Many critics dogpile on Lauren Boebert after she stupidly posts on Twiitter that, “Protecting and defending the Constitution doesn’t mean trying to rewrite the parts you don’t like.” People with a basic understanding of civics point out that the Constitution is actually designed to be amended by our Founding Fathers.
- February 24th, 2021: Lauren Boebert sponsors the Birthright Citizenship Act of 2021, which would be a white nationalist’s wet dream, as it’s an unconstitutional attempt to ignore the part of the 14th Amendment that guarantees birthright citizenship for the children of undocumented immigrants.
- February 25th, 2021: Boebert votes against HR 5, the latest version of the Equality Act, that would provide workplace protections for LGBTQ Americans.
- March 3rd, 2021: Rep. Boebert votes against HR 1, a bill created to prevent the corruption of money in politics, and protect voter access to the ballot box.
- March 3rd, 2021: Lauren Boebert votes against the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2021.
- March 10th, 2021: Boebert votes against the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, because he feels people deserve to die in poverty during a pandemic.
- March 10th, 2021: Lauren Boebert releases a political ad that demands the security fencing that has remained around the Capitol since the events of Jan. 6 be removed that calls out Nancy Pelosi by name, and then ends with a shotgun blast, a reload, and another gunshot.
- March 17th, 2021: Rep. Boebert votes against the re-authorization of the Violence Against Women Act, likely because they feel the 2nd Amendment remaining absolute is more important than preventing people with a history of domestic abuse from owning a firearm (which statistics show, makes them more likely to use those firearms against women in their lives).
- April 9th, 2021: Lauren Boebert frankly just self-owns against the GOP on Twitter, posting, “We live in the freest country on planet earth. The rest of the world envies our freedoms. Meanwhile, we have a political party that is laser-focused on destroying our freedoms. It is not only shocking, but very dangerous.”
- April 15th, 2021: Boebert, seemingly without any self-awareness of her own potential ties to domestic terrorists, posts on Twitter that “Packing the Supreme Court is an act of political terrorism.” It also ignores, you now, the recent history of Mitch McConnell’s hypocrisy to get three justices sworn in during the Trump administration after blocking the pick of Merrick Garland for almost a year. (And ignores her own support of domestic terrorists from the Capitol Attack.)
- April 16th, 2021: Rep. Boebert responds to the news that a 19-year-old mentally ill FedEx worker in Indianapolis took a semi-automatic weapon to work and killed eight of his coworkers by getting on Twitter to post the completely unhelpful statement, “Mass shootings are illegal.”
- April 22nd, 2021: Apparently Boebert is addicted to getting ratio’ed on Twitter, as she decided to post, “Joe Biden has zero authority to cancel the Fourth of July”, which he was planning to do the opposite of, anyway.
- May 19th, 2021: Lauren Boebert votes against HR 3233, the creation of a commission to investigate the Capitol Attack.
- May 20th, 2021: Boebert is one of 63 Republicans who vote against the Covid-19 Hate Crimes Act.
- June 15th, 2021: Rep. Boebert is one of twenty-one Republicans who pick a side to have rooted for in the failed coup attempt on 1/6/21 and votes against awarding Congressional gold medals to members of the Capitol Police who bravely defended members of Congress during the attack.
- June 29th, 2021: Boebert is one of 8 Republicans who travel to the U.S./Mexico border to do photo-ops to stir up anti-immigrant furor, but also appear on camera with Capitol insurrectionist Anthony Aguero, as if he wasn’t a part of an attack on Congress less than six months prior.
- July 8th, 2021: Rep. Boebert posts he bizarre statement on Twitter that “Covid-19 mutated into Communism a long time ago.”
- July 22nd, 2021: Boebert is one of 16 Republicans who vote against HR 3895, the Allies Act, which was passed without his support to raise the amount of visas offered and to expedite their issue to Afghan translators and their families to honor our promise to protect them against the Taliban after U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, thus feeling we should go back on our word and leave them to die.
- August 16th, 2021: Boebert compares the return to the Taliban in Afghanistan, (who came back into power due to the incompetence of Donald Trump’s foreign policy), to American Democrats, saying they were “Building Back Better”, a reference to the pitched infrastructure bill she wouldn’t be voting for.
- September 7th, 2021: Lauren Boebert makes an Islamophobic attack towards Democratic Congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Rashaida Talib, saying that they were “on the Jihad Squad”, and were “black-hearted and evil”.
- September 27th, 2021: Boebert gets on social media and openly begins promoting the white nationalist “replacement theory”, even stating it by name.
- November 5th, 2021: Lauren Boebert votes against HR 3684, the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- November 24th, 2021: Boebert challenges Republican colleague Madison Cawthorn to a “sprint”. Congressman Cawthorn is confined to a wheelchair.
- January 21st, 2022: Rep. Boebert harasses a contingent of Jewish visitors to the U.S. Capitol, asking them if THEY were “doing reconnaissance”, (a stupid attempt at “both sides can do it”), and after being called out for what could be anti-Semitism, she made it official by saying, “I’m too short to be able to see anyone’s yarmaluke”.
- February 4th, 2022: Lauren Boebert gives an originalist take on the Constitution, insisting that it is “not evolving”, and that people who claim it is “spit in the face of the Founding Fathers”. She has people point out that it must be evolving, because she’s a woman and can vote.
- February 27th, 2022: Boebert, responding to Canada’s vaccine mandates, says that perhaps Canada needs to be “liberated” like Russia was doing to Ukraine. Which, in one sentence, she shows she’s an anti-vaccine twit, and that she’s beholden to Russian interests by repeating their talking points about their invasion of an American ally.
- March 1st, 2022: Rep. Boebert and Marjorie Taylor-Greene heckle President Biden during his State of the Union Address, like brain-damaged and unfunny versions of Waldorf and Statler from the Muppets. Worst of all, they chose to do it while the president was having a heartfelt moment talking about his late son, Beau.
- March 23rd, 2022: Boebert gets on Twitter and posts a bizarre and misleading anti-vaccine statement, using her allergy medication to prove her point, and saying that “they don’t work unless everyone takes it”. Which… allergies are not contagious, and…Y’know what, she’s a f***ing dunce, and we’re not going to waste time explaining something that nonsensical.
- March 31st, 2022: Lauren Boebert votes against HR 6833, the Affordable Insulin Now Act.
- April 4th, 2022: Boebert goes on Twitter to join in conservatives railing against Disney for opposing anti-LGBTQ legislation in Florida, and while threatening to retain trademark rights for Disney properties (which she can’t do), she spells their company mascot’s name wrong, writing, “Micky”.
- May 17th, 2022: Lauren Boebert gets on Twitter to promote her own personal conspiracy theory… that major companies are paying for travel for employees to receive abortions because “it’s cheaper to kill the baby” than to pay for maternity leave. Critics note that on several occasions, Boebert has actively stated that she is opposed to companies having to provide maternity leave.
- May 18th, 2022: Rep. Boebert votes against HR 7791, to amend the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 so that waiver authority could be granted to solve supply chain crisises for shortages of baby formula.
- May 18th, 2022: Lauren Boebert is one of 192 Republicans who vote against HR 7790, to create supplemental funding for infant formula (while claiming to be pro-life).
- May 18th, 2022: Rep. Boebert votes against HR 350, the Domestic Violence Prevention Act, because these days, a plank of the Republican Party is ostensibly domestic terror.
- May 19th, 2022: Lauren Boebert votes against HR 7688, a bill which would help prevent gas companies from gouging customers on prices.
- May 27th, 2022: Rep. Boebert completely misses the point and revises history a bit in an interview with Sean Hannity while talking about gun control, saying, “We didn’t ban planes after 9/11”. This, of course ignores all the added safety measures and security screenings that were put in place, and that the TSA enforces to this day.
- June 11th, 2022: Nothing is alright with a sitting member of Congress openly wishing death upon the sitting president, but at a Christian Center, Boebert mentions Joe Biden and misquotes Psalm 109:3, saying, “May his days be few”.
- June 15th, 2022: Lauren Boebert obviously doesn’t understand the first thing about the New Testament, given that she opined on this date that “Jesus didn’t have enough AR-15s to keep his government from killing him.”
- July 15th, 2022: Lauren Boebert votes against House Amendment 262, which would require the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, and Secretary of Defense to publish a report on the infiltration of American law enforcment by Neo-Nazis and white supremacists, offer measures to be taken to remove them from their ranks, and prevent further infiltration by others.
- July 19th, 2022: Rep. Boebert is one of 157 Republicans who vote against the “Respect for Marriage Act”, which would codify same sex marriage into law nationally.
- July 21st, 2022: Boebert is one of 195 Republicans who vote against the Right to Contraception Act, which codified the right of Americans to have access to birth control.
Our final note here is from just a couple weeks ago. We’ve covered all the ways in which Lauren Boebert has done things that are suspicious and seem like she was providing support and comfort to the domestic terrorists who tried to storm the Capitol to attempt overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election that are mostly ceremonial, and execute Mike Pence. Do you know what would have been smart to not do? To not be seen in public with one of the people who admits they were one of the insurrectionists that day.
Alas, Lauren Boebert is a f***ing dunce.
On June 29th, 2021, Boebert was one of seven members of Congress who took a trip to the U.S./Mexico border to pretend there’s a massive migrant invasion underway at all hours and decided to hang out on that trip with Anthony Aguero, who we’ve profiled before as an ex-felon, domestic abuser, and Qanon conspiracy theorist who unsuccessfully ran for Congress in 2020, and oh yeah, that mother***er was one of the seditious ***holes an the Capitol grounds on 1/6 who is somehow still roaming free to buddy up with the Congresswoman who allegedly was offering logistical support to his cause. This isn’t a one-off. This isn’t a rumor, as there’s a selfie that Boebert and Aguero took together.
We don’t know how Lauren Boebert stays in office in 2022. Hell, we’re not even sure if she’s gonna stay out of jail.
One Year Ago, July 23rd, 2021: Lauren Boebert (CO)… 2021 Update
Two Years Ago, July 23rd, 2020: Lauren Boebert (CO)… Original Profile
Three Year Ago, July 23rd, 2019: Scott Walker (WI)… 2019 Update
Four Years Ago, July 23rd, 2018: Scott Walker (WI)… 2018 Update
Five Years Ago, July 23rd, 2017: Scott Walker (WI)… 2017 Update
Six Years Ago, July 23rd, 2016: Scott Walker (WI)… 2016 Update
Seven Years Ago, July 23rd, 2015: Scott Walker (WI)… Original Profile
Eight Years Ago, July 23rd, 2014: Todd Akin (MO)